Member Price: $49.00
Non-Member Price: $98.00
CAMRT reserves the right to verify membership status and to reclaim the difference between the member and non-member CPD course fees, should a discrepancy exist.
2.0 Category A credits/credit hours
Effective January 2022, this virtual lecture will be a mandatory prerequisite for both Certificates in Breast Imaging (Screening and Diagnostic).
This virtual lecture encompasses important aspects of mammography such as breast anatomy and positioning for routine screening exams and diagnostic work-ups. It discusses common breast pathologies, evolving breast imaging examination methods and technologies. Ergonomics specific for the breast imaging technologist are also explored.
Presenter: Sandra McFarlane MRT(R), CBI(D)
1. Apply basic breast positions principles; cranio-caudal and medio-lateral oblique using adequate breast compression.
2. Critique the mammogram for image quality, including posterior nipple line measurement instruction.
3. Trouble shoot positioning problems for the cranio-caudal view (including, lack of pectoralis muscle, excessive medial or lateral exaggeration, air-gap, and nipple in profile) and medio-lateral oblique (including, concave and lack of pectoralis muscle, inframammary folds and superimposition of glandular tissue).
4. Discuss additional mammography positions along with criteria of when these additional views might be needed.
5. Describe work-up/assessment mammography views which would include 3D tomosynthesis, contrast mammography, magnification and spot views.
6. Circumvent ergonomic issues that are often associated with repetitive positioning such as mammography.
7. Inspire and motivate technologists as to the importance of this profession and remind everyone of the psychological aspect of this career.
The Virtual Classroom series are online interactive lectures designed to enhance and refresh foundational knowledge. Conveniently offered on-demand, virtual lectures allow you to learn at your own pace and on your own schedule.
There is a four-month deadline from the date of purchase to submit your post quiz for category “A” credit / hours. Marks will be posted in your CAMRT course profile within 3 weeks of completion.
Candidates who are unsuccessful in obtaining the 75% pass mark have one full year from the original date of registration to apply for a rewrite. A $10 administrative fee applies for members and $20 for a non-member. This also applies to the complimentary presentations.
Candidates who have surpassed their fourth month deadline must re-register for the course.
Accepted by the CAR Mammography Accreditation Program.